Total Body Photography & Mole Mapping with DermEngine
Over 9,000 Americans are diagnosed with skin cancer every day. With early detection, many skin cancers can be eliminated and lives can be saved. Medovate is pleased to offer Total Body Photography and Mole Mapping technology, which enables state-of-the-art images for tracking and early detection of skin cancers.
or Call: 847.499.5500
About Total Body Photography
Total Body Photography (TBP) is the process of taking high quality images of your skin to help your doctor monitor and assess your spots. With TBP, many suspicious and precancerous skin spots can be identified quickly so that you can get treatment as soon as you need it, and not when it is too late
TBP harnesses the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to deliver smarter skin checks with a full virtual 3D body map. It begins with a full photographic record of your skin from head to toe. New imaging is taken each time you visit so that the images can be compared. Your specialist and the TBP mole mapping system will work together to examine the images and track any changes to your skin over time.
Benefits of Total Body Photography (TBP)
There are many reasons why TBP may be a good idea for you. Some of the most important reasons are that it:
- Supports imaging of all spots or areas of concern.
- Provides reassurance, as professionals work with advanced AI technology to detect any concerns as early as possible.
- Is quick! It takes less than 15 minutes to capture a complete photographic record of your skin.
- Allows you or a partner or friend to check your photos for any changes between dermatology appointments.
TBP is especially recommended for you if you:
- Have a personal history of skin cancer
- Have a family history of skin cancer
- Have many spots (over 50) on your skin
- Have any spots that are larger than 1 cm in diameter
- Are taking immunosuppressive medications
- Have extensive sun damage to your skin
- Use sunbeds/frequent tanning salons
What to Expect
Your TBP session will begin with a quick overview by a trained professional. Once you have dressed in the procedure gown, you will be guided through specific poses so that the AI can properly image all of your skin. If anything suspicious is found, your doctor may take a magnified image of the spot to review it in greater detail. This information will then be recorded for you and your doctor to use as a baseline comparison for future imaging.
Read more on what to expect during a Total Body Photography session.