With modern technological advancements, laser technology has made possible a variety of treatments that can address many common skin complaints. Laser treatments can help to eliminate signs of aging, correct acne scars, address sun damage, and even provide permanent hair removal. Treatments are short, require little to no downtime, and yield noticeable results of smoother, more youthful skin.
or Call: 847.499.5500
- Wrinkle Reduction: Laser technology can correct wrinkles by destroying the old, damaged cells and stimulating healthy, new collagen formation. By removing the top surface layer of skin, the smoother layers beneath it become visible and give you a more refreshed and youthful look.
- Hair Removal: Laser hair removal can provide a permanent solution for men or women seeking to eliminate shaving and waxing from their daily routine. The laser energy destroys hair follicles and can prevent future hair growth for a smoother, sleeker feel.
- Hyperpigmentation: Laser technology can address common hyperpigmentation complaints, such as redness, rosacea, sun spots, and melasma. With a customized approach, your laser treatment can address any of these skin discoloration concerns and leave you with a more natural and neutral skin tone.
- Stretch Mark Treatment: Laser treatment can minimize the appearance of stretch marks. The laser energy can help to tighten the skin and stimulate collagen production for a healthier, smoother look and feel.
- Anti-Aging: In addition to treating fine lines, wrinkles, and sun spots, laser treatments can correct other signs of aging by improving skin texture, firmness, tightness, and tone.
- Scar Treatment: Laser treatment can also minimize discolored scars and acne scars on areas such as the face, upper arms, and back.
Risks and Side Effects
Laser treatments are considered safe for most patients and typically have no side effects or complications. Rare risks may include scarring, redness, infection, acne, or milia, all of which are usually mild and last only a few days. Because treatment is highly customizable, it minimizes the likelihood of any complications.
Treatment and Recovery
Laser treatments are performed in the office. A topical anesthetic may be used to alleviate any discomfort, which most patients report to be mild. During treatment, the laser handpiece sends focused light beams into the skin. These light beams destroy the damaged skin cells or hair follicles and simultaneously stimulate new collagen and healthy cellular development. Treatment takes less than 30 minutes and has little to no downtime. Your skin may be slightly red and may peel for several days; makeup can be used to camouflage these effects until they subside. Most patients undergo multiple treatment sessions to achieve the desired results, and touch-up treatments at a later date are usually recommended.
Your results will vary depending on the laser treatment performed. Results are often visible within a few days and may be significant after just one treatment session. Laser treatments can keep the skin looking healthier and younger for many months. With touch-up treatments to address future aging and sun damage concerns, it is possible to maintain youthful, smooth skin for years.